Wednesday, April 19, 2006

There is no actually 'we'

Okay, it is just me here, alone, living in misery and feeling a need for there to be an imaginary person even when I am really blogging in anomynity. Or am I? Because it seems that no one is truly anonymous on the internet but as long as you are not making any political comments that are deemed damning to the leading (and the only truly existent to the average folks around) political party here in Singapore, you are reasonably safe. So I am safe because I am not going to say things like there is no "level playing field" for opposition parties (they do exist!) or that the PAP is going to remain strong as long as they continue building (or granting permission to build) identical shopping malls and convincing Singaporeans that shopping is all they need, spiritually or otherwise.

For now, an air of suspense hangs over the tiny island city of Singapore (which nearly was going to have an uniquely designed half-bridge to suit it's Uniquely Singapore slogan, courtesy of long time but restless neighbour, Malaysia) because there is but one person in the whole wide world who knows the actual date of the elections and he is keeping it a secret for now! There has been wide speculation among punters and schoolgoers (and their parents) as the latter worry if it would disrupt their holiday plans. Damn they are making everyone so nervous!

I have been told I have a very disruptive way of writing that I like to insert brackets (like this (blar blar blar)) in mid-sentence and they almost always contain stuff that are irrelevent (irrelevant to the sentence that is being disrupted) and could well have been included as a standalone sentence and not used to hijack another otherwise rather coherent, if not exactly well-developed/written sentence. If this paragraph makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to you, then I have made my point across, rather succinctly I hope.

Is it true, however, that God hates fags, more than dykes at times? Or that He liked to laugh and did laugh a great deal before he was crucified (the two things are not correlated in any way, I think) That is the case as according to the Gospel of Judas (I'm a National Geographic Channel fan!) which was labelled heresy by a powerful church figure then and is probably still condemned or sneered at by church figures now. In the Gospel of Judas, Judas was not a traitor but rather someone who helped Jesus (as according to His divine wishes) to release his divine spirit (or something along that line) from his body, for instance, through His death (though arguably not necessarily through crucifixion). And because Jesus supposedly saw his body as a hindrance to attaining divinity or the 'secrets of the kingdom' (don't quote me though), there is no mention of his resurrection in the Gospel of Judas. And that poses a problem for historians, religious leaders and the common folks alike. Because if the Gospel of Judas were true, there will be no Easter (no chocolate eggs! I can't imagine that!) and no Good Friday (one public holiday less from the list of 112 public holidays in our calender. Just kidding, there are only 109) Of course then, the Gospel of Judas is heresy, not a doubt about it. Even if John, Luke, Matthew and Mark (in no particular order) do sound like four jealous disciples/apostles who were not Jesus' favourites, unlike Judas.

Okay folks, that is it for the first installment of 'How to alienate whatever miserable little bugs (excuse me, I mean 'dear readers') that happen to pass by your blog". Thank you for your time and if this blog does not disappear mysteriously over the next few days due possibly to whatever dark forces that I have offended through the course of my writing, then I will post more. For now, ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home